The Community Victim Advocate (Human Trafficking) position will provide a combination of outreach, advocacy, and short-term trauma-informed case management services primarily to victims of human trafficking. He/she will collaborate and work closely with One Place partner organizations to provide a coordination of services. He/she will also provide backup support and case management to other clients of One Place as part of the case management team.HOURS
Work schedule will include evening, and weekend hours as needed for the position; will also include being on call to work with HT rape victims through law enforcement, STAR and other local agencies and organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, education, or related human services field.
- Experience in the field of family violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, elder abuse and/or child abuse.
- Bi-lingual skills a plus; Master’s preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Exhibits strong judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and cohesively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to manage crisis and de-escalate individuals.
- Ability to identify and use community resources.
- Ability to focus and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other agencies and to be cooperative in managing relationships.
- Makes good use of time and acts professionally and responsibly in all work areas
For a complete job description, visit: www.indeed.com
Starting salary: From $34,500.00 per year